Chocolate Almond Smoothie
A great way to start your day before you 'go nuts' at work: Chocolate Almond Protein Smoothie. If you don't like eating nuts, try drinking them. That said, choose your 'milk' wisely. Check the content and read the labels to avoid buying nut-flavored waters with additives.
I have recently discovered Elmhurst Milked. Their flavor is rich, they have "options" (hazelnut, walnuts, cashew, almond...even oats), and their product has a higher ratio of real nuts to water--obviously, that comes with a price.
This recipe adds an extra boost of 'nuts' with a few tablespoons of nut butter. See what you think!
- 1 plus 1/2 cup Elmhurst Milked Almonds almond milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries (I prefer frozen)
- 1/2 cup ice
- 2 scoops Chocolate Whey Protein powder
- 1-2 Tbls almond nut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbls dark (70% preferred) bittersweet chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
- Must have a Vitamix or other blender.
- Combine all ingredients and hit the 'POWER' button.
- Makes approximately 3 cups.
Disclaimer: Some material features sponsored links.